If you're looking for help installing a Starlink Internet system in your property we can help.
We're helping others gain access to this technology and enabling them to get Internet in some of the most hard to reach areas in Spain and around the Canary islands.
Just get in touch and we'll do our best to help.
What Is Starlink?
Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX, a company founded by Elon Musk. It aims to provide high-speed, low-latency broadband internet access globally, particularly in remote and rural areas where traditional internet infrastructure is limited.
The Starlink constellation consists of over 2,100 small satellites deployed in low Earth orbit (LEO) that communicate with ground transceivers. These satellites operate in a lower orbit than previous satellites, which helps to reduce latency and improve internet speeds.
Why Should You Use Starlink?
If you are considering using Starlink, there are several reasons why it might be a suitable option for you. Starlink is designed to provide internet connectivity to areas where internet access is limited, unreliable, or nonexistent. Here are a few reasons why you might consider using Starlink:
- Low connectivity or rural areas: Starlink is particularly beneficial for people living in rural or remote areas where traditional internet infrastructure is lacking. It utilizes a network of satellites in low Earth orbit to deliver internet signals directly to users. This means you can access high-speed internet even in locations where traditional providers may not have reached.
- High-speed internet: Starlink aims to provide high-speed, low-latency broadband internet access. If you require fast internet speeds for activities such as streaming, video conferencing, online gaming, or remote work, Starlink can offer a viable solution. While actual speeds may vary, Starlink's service claims to maintain download speeds between 50 and 150 Mbps and upload speeds of around 10 Mbps.
- Bridging the digital divide: Starlink's mission is to bridge the digital divide by offering internet access to underserved areas. If you find yourself in a location with limited connectivity options and wish to have reliable and fast internet, Starlink can help overcome this barrier and provide you with a viable internet connection.
- Easy setup and accessibility: Setting up Starlink is relatively straightforward. It involves installing a satellite dish (user terminal) at your location, which connects to the Starlink network. This accessibility allows users to access high-speed internet without the need for complex infrastructure installations.
- Global coverage: Starlink aims for global coverage. While the service initially targeted 32 countries where licenses were obtained, it has expanded to serve over 50 countries. The goal is to offer internet connectivity to almost anyone on the planet through its network of satellites.
It's important to note that Starlink is a paid service, and users are required to pay a premium for the high-speed internet it provides. Additionally, as with any internet service, actual speeds and reliability can vary depending on factors such as network congestion and weather conditions.
Ultimately, the decision to use Starlink depends on your specific needs and circumstances. If you live in an area with limited internet options or require high-speed connectivity, Starlink can be a viable solution to meet your internet needs.
NB: We are not Starlink distributors or resellers, we simply help you with the acquisition & installation process and can provide ongoing support if required for the installed elements.